Simpson Run for Reading 2012
Race Details for the 6th Annual Joseph T. Simpson Public Library Run for Reading 5K Run and 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk Saturday, August 11, 2012
Results for Race:
Overall Winners and Age Group Winners
(75KB, 9 pages)
(66KB, 7 pages)
To view additional photos, please visit our Facebook Album
Schedule - Rain or Shine
7:45 am Check-in begins
8:30 am 5K Run/Walk begins
9:15 am 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk begins
9:30 am Awards
5K Race Details
Age Groups & Awards
Age Groups: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 & over
Awards: 1st and 2nd place in each age group; cash prizes to top three finishers overall (both male and female). Additional random prizes awarded.
Results: Race results will be posted on the library’s web page following the race at www.simpsonlibrary.org.
Registration Fees - No Refunds
On or Before July 25, 2012 - Only those who register prior to July 25 are guaranteed a T-shirt.
$18 pre-registered individual
Free 1-mile Fun Run/Walk (can purchase a T-shirt for $10)
Register online at active.com
. (Additional $3.25 processing fee.)
Run For Reading 2012 Race Brochure
(PDF, 463 KB, 2 pages)
After July 25, 2012 and on Race Day
$20 per person
Free 1-mile Fun Run/Walk
Start / Finish: Friendship Park, 1901 Fisher Road, Mechanicsburg in Upper Allen Township, Mechanicsburg.
Registration Packet Pick-Up
Runners may pick-up their race packets on the day of the race at Friendship Park beginning at
No bicycles, dogs, roller blades or skateboards on race course. Jogging strollers are permitted.
New this year!
Patient First personnel will be on hand to provide blood pressure screenings for race participants.
Directions to Friendship Park in Upper Allen Township
From Market Street:
1. Take Market Street, Route 114 E toward Route 15.
2. Go past Sheetz, and the Mechanicsburg Middle School.
3. At the traffic light at the intersection of Market Street and the Gettysburg Pike, turn right onto Gettysburg Pike. Country and Town Baptist Church is on the right.
4. Turn right onto Fisher Road.
6. Turn right onto Southview. A sign for Friendship Park is visible.
7. Take the first left on Southview to enter the park.
From Williams Grove Road heading toward Dillsburg:
1. Immediately past Oak Grove Farms, turn left onto Fisher Road Ext.
2. Follow Fisher Road Ext. (a long, winding road).
3. Turn left onto Southview. A sign for Friendship Park is visible.
4. Take the first left on Southview to enter the park.
The Joseph T. Simpson Public Library is a 501 © 3 non-profit organization. Proceeds benefit children’s programs and services at the Simpson Public Library, 16 N. Walnut St., Mechanicsburg, PA 17055. For more information contact the Joseph T. Simpson Public Library at e-mail or 717-766-0171. The Joseph T. Simpson Public Library is a member of the Cumberland County Library System.
Run for Reading Sponsors
Page updated August 17, 2012